Department of Higher Mathematics
Chair of the Department:
Dr. hab., Prof. Mikhail Dymkov
The Chair of the Department is Dr. hab., Prof. Mikhail Dymkov.
The department was established in 1961. The first department's Chair was Dr. Associate Prof. (later on – Professor) I. Likholetov, the author of the first text-book on higher mathematics, probability theory and mathematical statistics for economists in Belarus (published in 1976 by “Vysheishaya Shkola” Publishers).
From 1973 to 1976 the department's Chair was Prof. G. Karatayev, from 1976 to 1977 Associate Prof. V. Yudenkov, from 1977 to 1990 – Dr. hab., Prof. A. Yablonski known in the USSR and beyond as leader of the scientific school in the field of qualitative theory of differential equations. From 1990 to 1995 the department's Chair was Dr. hab., Prof. V. Sakovich, author of books and one of the few specialists in Belarus in the field of applied mathematical methods and computers in economic research. From 1995 to 2002 the department's Chair was Dr. Associate Prof. S. Samal.
The department has 29 faculty members, of which 3 hold a Dr. hab. degree and 17 – a PhD degree.
Over the recent years, the following text-books have been published:
The main directions of scholarly research are:
- Application of mathematical and instrumental methods in economics;
- Research of teaching mathematics to economists issues;
- Mathematical theory of dynamic systems' management and optimization;
- Mathematical models and methods of organizing parallel calculations;
- Multi-parametric (n-D) and multi-step processes of management;
- Qualitative theory of differential equations.