International activities are an integral part of the University life. The major directions include:
- training international students on a contract basis and within bilateral intergovernmental and inter-university agreements, providing short-term Russian language courses for foreign citizens;
- bilateral academic cooperation with foreign universities and international foundations;
- cooperation with foreign universities and organizations within international academic projects/ programs;
- advertising activity to attract foreign citizens for studies and training at BSEU;
- analysis of relevant international information available at e-mail and in the Internet and search for new partners to carry out joint academic projects.
For more than 40 years BSEU provides education for international students – today their number totals around 780 foreign citizens from Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, the Baltic states, and CIS. During the recent years the scope of international students at the University has been constantly increasing by 40-50 students per year. In its turn BSEU sends its students and staff to China, France, Germany, Italy, the USA. In order to improve the quality of education for international students the Dean’s Office for International Students was created in the university.
BSEU has bilateral agreements on cooperation with more than 85 foreign HEIs and scientific organizations from 24 countries, and these numbers this branch of activities id growing constantly. Today Belarus State Economic University is a member of several international associations:
- the network of Virtual Institute under UNCTAD (http://vi.unctad.org )
- the Eurasian Association of Universities (EAU) (http://www.eau.msu.ru )
- the International Association of Russian Language and Literature Teachers (MAPRYAL) ( http://mapryal.russkoeslovo.org )
- European Retail Academy (ERA) ( http://www.european-retail-academy.org )
- The International Association of Trade and Economic Education (IATEE) (http://iatee.ru)
- Non-Commercial Organization «International Assîciation of Finance-and-Economics Educational Institutions» (IÀFÅÅI) (http://www.fa.ru/projects/maofeo/Pages/default.aspx)
- the Eurasian Association of Economic Universities (EAEU)
Within the bilateral agreements BSEU maintains staff and student mobility, carries out joint scientific research, publishes textbooks and teaching literature, takes part in international scientific and practical conferences, seminars and educational fairs.
Together with foreign partners from Germany, Italy, Spain and other European countries BSEU carries out international projects. Today the university participates in 6 TEMPUS IV projects. Together with the University of Applied Sciences (Berlin, Germany) within the network of the UNCTAD Virtual Institute BSEU runs an English-taught Master degree program “International Economics and Trade Policy”. In 2014 the Faculty of Marketing signed an agreement with the Hochschule Mittweida (University of Applied Science, Germany) upon awarding double degree diplomas, according to which faculty students have the opportunity of receiving another Bachelor degree diploma on “Economics of Enterprises” after a year of studies in Germany. In January 2015 BSEU signed an agreement with the Polytechnic Institute of Braganza (Portugal) upon awarding a double diploma in the specialities “Linguistic provision of intercultural communications (foreign economic relations)” and “International Business Management”.
In order to enhance the quality of its future specialists and improve the level of foreign language studies BSEU invites foreign professors and teachers from Germany, Iran, China, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine and other countries.
Widwning if the international relations geography, cooperation with foreign HEIs and participation in the work of foreign academic organizations acknowledges for BSEU’s recognition on the worldwide educational arena.
|Our Address: 26, Partizanski Av, Minsk, 220070, Republic of Belarus|
|Tel.: +375 17 209 88 32 (academic cooperation), 209 79 71 (international students)
Fax: +375 17 296 23 66
|E-mail: email@example.com (academic cooperation),
firstname.lastname@example.org (international students)