The department of pedagogy and psychology
Chair of the department:
Galina Borozdina, PhD., an associate professor
The department head id Galina Borozdina, PhD., an associate professor.
As a university unit, the department was established in 2001 and has been part of ISLE since March 12, 2007. The goal of the deaprtment's activities is ethical and psychological-pedagogical training of specialists in the field of economics.
There are 25 lecturers at the department, of which 13 teach full time, with 8 of them holding a PhD. degree (66,6 % of the faculty hold advanced degrees).
The department provides the teaching of the humanities cycle courses:
- Ethics (34 hrs )
- Fundamentals of psychology and pedagogy (68 hrs)
- Psychology of gender relationships (special course) (24 hrs)
- Psychology for professions (60 hrs )
- Higher school pedagogy (70 hrs)
- Conflictology (36 hrs )
- Methodology of teaching economics related disciplines (48 hrs)
- Economic psychology (48 hrs )
- Psychology and pedagogy of higher school (34 hrs)
The main directions of the department's scholarly research:
The department's scholarly theme: “Ways of increasing effectiveness of training economics related specialists in conditions of continuous education” (budgetary financing).
The main directions of students' scholarly research:
- Psychological characteristics of the BSEU students' motivation at the stage of their professional activities (supervisor – Dr. G. Borozdina)
- Development of communication skills of future lawyers (supervisor – Dr. Y. Kozlovskaya)
- Value aims in university students' relations (supervisor – Dr. I. Zayats)
- Impact of will self-control on progress in studies at BSEU (supervisor – instructor Y. Shinkar)
The main methodological and teaching materials published by the department's faculty: