The Department of Safety
Since 2002 the Chair of the Department has been PhD, Associate Prof. Alexandr I. Antonenkov.
The Department of Safety was established in 1962, it is a structural unit of the School of marketing.
It is a department of general training that participates in educating students at all BSEU schools, beside HSBM, and in all specialties.
The department faculty comprises 15 members including 1 professor, 4 associate professors, 2 senior instructors, 3 assistant lecturers, 2 secretaries, one engineer of the 1 st category, one operator and technician of the educational radiological laboratory.
The department provides training in the following disciplines:
- “Protection of people and objects in emergency. Radiation safety ”
- “Preventing AIDS and drug addiction”
The department's main directions of scholarly research are:
- “Economic aspects of the consequences of the Chernobyl disaster”;
- “Issues of radiation safety in the areas in the Republic of Belarus contaminated with radio nuclides”;
- “Evaluation of economic entities stability in emergencies”;
- “Monitoring, prognostics, economic evaluation and prevention of emergencies”;
- “Improving the country's population protection against contemporary emergencies”;
- “Improving control of food and water quality in contaminated areas of the Republic of Belarus ”;
- “Designing, implementing and evaluating efficiency of educational programs and measures to prevent AIDS/HIV and drug addiction among BSEU students”
The department includes an educational radiological laboratory, where each student sub-group is to do 6 laboratory works on express-control of foodstuff using radiometers, personal control of exposure to radiation and forecasting consequences for man, assessment of radiation situation using dosimeters, radiation control of the environment and foodstuff using common dosimeters-radiometers, estimation of nitrate ion concentration in crop products and water solutions using nitrate meters, etc.
The department's principal educational and instructional publications:
- Àíòîíåíêîâ À.È., Âîëîñàòîâà Í.Ò., Ãàïàíîâè÷ Ñ.Å.. Ïîâåäåíèå ÷åëîâåêà â ýêñòðåìàëüíûõ ñèòóàöèÿõ. Ó÷åáíî-ìåòîä. ïîñîáèå – Ìí.: ÁÃÝÓ, 2003.
- Çàùèòà íàñåëåíèÿ è õîçÿéñòâåííûõ îáúåêòîâ â ÷ðåçâû÷àéíûõ ñèòóàöèÿõ. Ðàäèàöèîííàÿ áåçîïàñíîñòü: Ïðàêòèêóì /Àíòîíåíêîâ À.È., Ìàðöóëü È.Í., Ìîëîø Ò.Â. è äð. – Ìí.: ÁÃÝÓ, 2005.
- Âûæèâàíèå ÷åëîâåêà â ñîâðåìåííûõ ÷ðåçâû÷àéíûõ ñèòóàöèÿõ: Ó÷åáíî-ìåòîä. ïîñîáèå./Àíòîíåíêîâ À.È., Ìàðöóëü È.Í., Âîëîñàòîâà Í.Ò. è äð. - Ìí.: ÁÃÝÓ, 2005.
- Àíòîíåíêîâ À.È., Áàòÿí Î.Í., Âîëîñàòîâà Í.Ò. Ìîíèòîðèíã, ïðîãíîçèðîâàíèå, ýêîíîìè÷åñêàÿ îöåíêà è ïðåäóïðåæäåíèå ÷ðåçâû÷àéíûõ ñèòóàöèé (ñèñòåìà äèñòàíöèîííîãî îáó÷åíèÿ). Ó÷åáíî-ïðàêò. ïîñîáèå – Ìí.: ÁÃÝÓ, 2006.
- Îñíîâû çíàíèé ïî ïðîáëåìå ÂÈ×/ÑÏÈÄ è íàðêîìàíèè: Ó÷åáíî-ìåòîä. ïîñîáèå (ýëåêòðîííîå èçäàíèå) /Àíòîíåíêîâ À.È., Âîëîñàòîâà Í.Ò., Áàòÿí Î.Í. è äð. – Ìí.: ÁÃÝÓ, 2007.