Department of Labor Economics
Chair of the department:
PhD in Engineering, Prof. Valentin G. Loktev
The Chair of the department is Dr. hab. in Economics, PhD in Engineering, Prof. Valentin G. Loktev.
Established in 2003, the department of Labor economics and sociology was reorganized on March 1, 2007. It was divided into two departments: Labor economics and Economic sociology.
It is a graduating department for specialty 1-25 01 07, Economics and Management at Enterprise, specialization 1-25 01 07 15, Labor economics.
The Department faculty comprises 8 members:
- Dr. hab. in Economics, PhD in Engineering, Prof. Valentin G. Loktev, the Chair;
- PhD, Associate Professor N.A. Samara;
- PhD, Associate Professor V.I. Tarasevich;
- PhD, Associate Professor E.A. Kienia;
- Assistant lecturer M.M. Milevskaia;
- PhD, Associate Professor V.P. Kliauzze;
- PhD, Associate Professor A.S. Gaidukov;
- Assistant lecturer O.M. Malinovskaia.
The Department faculty deliver lectures and provide courses for full-time and part-time students at 5 University Schools (School of Management; School of Accounting and Economics; School of International Economic Relations, Higher School of Management and Business, and Consult Trade Center) in the following disciplines:
- Introduction to Specialty
- Quality of Career Development
- International Labor Management
- Rationing and Remuneration of Labor
- Labor Rationing
- Norms and Standards
- Labor Management
- Labor Protection
- Sanitation and Occupational Medicine
- Social Partnership
- Labor Sociology
- Labor Economics and Management
- Labor Economics
- Human Resources Economics
The department’s main directions of scholarly research:
- Shaping economic behavior in the contemporary environment;
- Research of payment forms and systems and their development;
- Developing of work standards systems in the country.
The main teaching publications authored by the department’s faculty: